[ensembl-dev] Regulatory features to genes

njohnson njohnson at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 13 09:28:21 GMT 2014

Hi Venu

We have recently written a method to identify features(e.g. Genes) nearest to your feature of interest (e.g. RegulatoryFeatures).  This is currently undergoing testing and we hope to release this in the forthcoming release 76 of Ensembl.

In addition, we are constantly looking for more sophisticated ways to link RegulatoryFeatures to Genes based on experimental evidence. At present we are still very much in the investigation phase, but it is something we are eager to find a robust solution for.

Thanks

Nathan Johnson

Ensembl Regulation
European Molecular Biology Laboratory