[ensembl-dev] Allele specific custom annotation

Levine, Adam a.levine at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 15:53:11 GMT 2014

Dear Will,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Sure, I will write a script to do it.

Kind regards,

Adam

Adam P. Levine

From: dev-bounces at ensembl.org [mailto:dev-bounces at ensembl.org] On Behalf Of Will McLaren
Sent: 10 March 2014 15:43
To: Ensembl developers list
Subject: Re: [ensembl-dev] Allele specific custom annotation

Hi Adam,

Currently there is no way to do allele-specific annotation with the --custom flag alone.

If you are not averse to a bit of coding you could write a plugin to do that for you; you could either write the plugin to fetch the scores for you (the VEP is simply piping in tabix output), or have the plugin post-process the scores added as you have them above (this would require writing the least code).

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/tools/vep/script/vep_plugins.html

Our dbNSFP plugin does something similar:

https://github.com/ensembl-variation/VEP_plugins/blob/master/dbNSFP.pm

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation