[ensembl-dev] New REST server is out!

Beat Wolf wolf at fryx.ch
Thu Jun 26 12:43:55 BST 2014

At the end of july when whe new ensembl release comes out, will it be possible to access the hg19 annotations or will the rest server only allow to access hg20 data?

Regards

Beat Wolf

                          Dear all,

      We are pleased to announce the release of our new REST server,      http://rest.ensembl.org

      This new server comes with a higher rate limit, POST support and a      huge documentation rewrite.

      POST support is provided for the VEP and archive endpoints.
      We have also added a new variation endpoint to retrieve information      about a variation id, including phenotypes, genotypes and population      studies.
      Full details of the new release can be found here:      https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/Change-log

      The rate limit has been increased, allowing up to 15 requests per      second.

      The current beta server, beta.rest.ensembl.org, will remain active      until release 76, scheduled for end of July.

      We encourage you to follow the guidelines on our wiki      (https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/1.0-To-2.0-Migration)      to update your scripts to use the new version before beta is      retired.

      If you are new to REST, please use our wiki      (https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki) to get      started.

      Regards,
      Magali