[ensembl-dev] New REST server is out!

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 11:34:32 BST 2014

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the release of our new REST server,
http://rest.ensembl.org

This new server comes with a higher rate limit, POST support and a huge
documentation rewrite.

POST support is provided for the VEP and archive endpoints.
We have also added a new variation endpoint to retrieve information
about a variation id, including phenotypes, genotypes and population
studies.
Full details of the new release can be found here:
https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/Change-log

The rate limit has been increased, allowing up to 15 requests per second.

The current beta server, beta.rest.ensembl.org, will remain active until
release 76, scheduled for end of July.

We encourage you to follow the guidelines on our wiki
(https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/1.0-To-2.0-Migration)<https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/1.0-To-2.0-Migration>
to update your scripts to use the new version before beta is retired.

If you are new to REST, please use our wiki
(https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki)<https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki>
to get started.

Regards,
Magali