[ensembl-dev] Dev Digest, Vol 48, Issue 21

Alessandro Vullo avullo at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 12:39:13 BST 2014

On 26/06/14 12:30, Taylor Thomas (RW3) CMFT Manchester wrote:
> Heya Ensembl folk!
>
> Is there any plans to allow access via HTTPS for the REST API? I've developing an (internal) web-based service which deals with patient data, and so I'd prefer to use SSL if at all possible, but most web browsers - sensibly - don't allow you to call resources over HTTP if you're using HTTPS.
>
> Regards,
> Algy :)

Hi Algy,

the new REST server already provides HTTPS support for clients with
confidentiality concerns.
See https://github.com/Ensembl/ensembl-rest/wiki/Change-log

As for the details, you may want to talk more in depth with the Ensembl
core team <ensembl-core at ebi.ac.uk> which is responsible for it.

Hope that helps,

Alessandro

--