[ensembl-dev] Mouse genes discrepancies

Dan Sheppard dan at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 11:56:15 BST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your queries, and sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Concerning your first query, -- on the name 'B930076A02' in e!75 mouse,
-- the synonym actually being matched is B930076A02Rik. Search considers
this a plausible match to your query.

If you wish, you can use %-wildcards with fetch_all_by_external_name(),
which instructs the API to return records by prefix. For example:

my $genes = $gene_adaptor->fetch_all_by_external_name('B930076A02%');

Concerning your second query, -- on LOC232400 and LOC241525, -- we do
have some LOC% synonyms from a number of sources (EntrezGene, Uniprot,
RFAM, RGD, ...). In this case the NCBI URLs are not overly informative,
so it's hard to say whether they should be present or not, but most
likely either we don't have the associated gene or the synonym is
deprecated.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further queries about this.

All the best,
Dan.