[ensembl-dev] Ensembl 75 MySQL problem

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Thu Jul 17 14:06:36 BST 2014

Dear developers,

Since two weeks I'm trying to install the ensembl 75 release on local
MySQL server. (I've done this before since release 61 until release 74).

I always install the following schemes:

  * ensembl_compara
  * ensembl_ontology
  * homo_sapiens_core
  * homo_sapiens_funcgen
  * homo_sapiens_otherfeatures
  * homo_sapiens_variation

I'm experiencing a problem I've never encountered in the past. I'm
getting installation problem on *homo_sapiens_variation*.
I've downloaded the sql *.tar.gz 4 times in the last two weeks. And I'm
experiencing the mysql error install. With version 74 and older I've no
problem.

Could you guys check if that file is corrupted on public mysql ftp
server? Is the only logical explanation that comes to my mind.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Guillermo.