[ensembl-dev] Upcoming changes to REST VEP endpoints

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jul 2 09:42:17 BST 2014

Dear all,

Following on user feedback, we are working on improving the output for
the VEP endpoints (http://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/vep_id_get
and http://rest.ensembl.org/documentation/info/vep_region_get)

We are hoping to provide an updated version in a few days.
If you are using this endpoint, please contact us, this is your chance
to let us know what you are expecting from the output, and what we
should avoid.
We will then be able to provide you with example outputs before making
the final decision.

These changes will affect rest.ensembl.org, not beta.rest.ensembl.org
We recommend you wait for this update before migrating your scripts from
the beta service.

Regards,
Magali