[ensembl-dev] Xenbase Xref in Ensembl

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 15:05:10 GMT 2014

Hi Sébastien,

The XenBase id is stored as well.
If you look at the gene page, the description contains more information
about the Xenbase id ( Source:Jamboree;Acc:XB-GENE-6076969 in this example).

If you are using the API, it corresponds to the dbprimary_acc entry in
the xref table.

You are right, the name is not very convenient, probably for historical
reasons.

We will change this in the next release (76, not the one coming out this
week).

Regards,
Magali