[ensembl-dev] Predicting Motif Score Change

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 14:35:48 GMT 2014

Hello Mamun,

This particular motif maps twice in this location; once on the forward and
once on the reverse strand. This is not uncommon due to the frequently
palindromic nature of the motif sequences.

The VEP unfortunately does not indicate which strand the feature maps to;
this will be fixed in the next version of VEP.

The position is always given counting from the 5' end. You can see how the
VEP calculates the position and score delta in the subroutine
named motif_score_delta in
ensembl-variation/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Variation/MotifFeatureVariationAllele.pm

Hope that helps

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation