[ensembl-dev] Docker container for EnsEMBL development...

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:06:55 GMT 2014

Dear Michael,

Thanks!

Having separate branches for each release on GitHub would be good, though
it would probably need separate builds for each release in the Docker
registry?

I've installed all the main APIs in there, but not expanded to look at
other repos. like ensembl-pipeline etc. I've been doing some stuff with SGE
too (https://github.com/gawbul/docker-sge) to help out with the bionode
project, and as part of that I am looking at how I can distribute the
containers across a HPC.

Cheers,

Steve

On 18 December 2014 at 14:55, Michael Paulini <mh6 at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

>  Nice :-)
>
> What is your opinion on branch specific containers, as in one per release
> branch?
> Also if you roll in some of the other ensembl repos, it could be a
> starting point for a self-contained worker.
>
> Michael
>

> On 18/12/14 14:41, Steve Moss wrote:
>
> Dear EnsEMBL Dev,
>
>  I recently built a Docker image with the EnsEMBL Perl APIs pre-installed
> to assist with developing scripts and undertaking analyses using EnsEMBL's
> data.
>
>  You can find the code here: https://github.com/gawbul/docker-ensembl
>
>  I would welcome any suggestions on additional steps/fixes that I could
> add to the Dockerfile to enhance the image.
>
>  Cheers,
>
>  Steve
>
>  --
>
> Steve Moss