[ensembl-dev] Lock on index file

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 18:50:17 GMT 2014

Hi Konrad,

Sounds like an issue with Bio::DB::Fasta, which is part of the BioPerl
module set that we don't maintain.

A quick Google brought up this:

http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/2012-December/087835.html

which might be of some help; perhaps it depends on the index type that it
chooses to create (http://search.cpan.org/~cjfields/BioPerl/Bio/DB/Fasta.pm
).

It may also be a filesystem thing - I know NFS can have issues with
multiple processes accessing the same file.

Regards

Will