[ensembl-dev] Using REST variation endpoint to find SNP name from synonym

Paolo Cozzi paolo.cozzi at itb.cnr.it
Mon Dec 1 13:20:23 GMT 2014

Dear developers,

I'm using EnsEMBL REST API to retrieve informations using
"variation/:species/:id" endpoint, more precisely I need to retrive the
SNP name starting from "Pig SNP Consortium" synonym. I saw that I cannot
retrieve information for some id like H3GA0032554, DRGA0015483, ... even
if I can search them in ensembl site. However, I saw that all of those
SNPs have problems like more locations, no position in the current
assembly ans so on.

Does the REST server variation endpoint gives information only for NON
problematic SNPs? And if so, How I could retrieve SNPs name from a
synonym in a programmatic way?

Thank you for your support,

regards,

Paolo