[ensembl-dev] CDS Incomplete status

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:27:14 BST 2014

Hi Konrad,

The transcript object supports a method called 'transleatable_seq'.
This will return the translateable part of a transcript.
You can then apply the length method on the returned string.

The CDS incomplete status is only available for manually annotated genes
(coming from Havana).
They know there is a protein-coding transcript, but the evidence
available does not allow for full annotation of the sequence.
These transcripts are flagged with the attribute 'cds_start_NF' or
'cds_end_NF'
You can retrieve this for each transcript using
$transcript->get_all_Attributes('cds_start_NF')
or retrieve all the transcripts for a given attribute using
$attribute_adaptor->fetch_all_by_Transcript(undef, 'cds_start_NF')

Hope that helps,
Magali