[ensembl-dev] UniProt, UniRef and InterPro accessions

mag mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 10:40:05 BST 2014

Hi G,

There are no source-specific methods.

For a given gene, you can use the get_all_DBLinks method, which will
return all the external references linked to that object.
The method can take a source name argument, so you can use
get_all_DBLinks('Uniprot%') to fetch only Uniprot external references.

Else, you can fetch all external references then filter on the dbname
argument.

my $xrefs = $gene->get_all_DBLinks
while (my $xref = shift @$xrefs) {
   if ($xref->dbname eq 'Uniprot/SPTREMBL') {
   } elsif ($xref->dbname eq 'Uniprot/SWISSPROT') {
   }
}

Hope that helps,
Magali