[ensembl-dev] VEP: Is it possible to add LRG annotations?

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 1 09:51:17 BST 2014

Hi Andrew,

In fact this is already possible; just add the flag --lrg at runtime. Note
however that using LRGs depends on connecting to our database, so this will
not work using --offline and will connect to ensembldb.ensembl.org when
using --cache. Because of this database connection you may find that the
script runs more slowly as it attempts to remap your input variants to LRG
coordinates.

I'm afraid this is missing from the documentation currently, I will get
that updated.

Regards

Will McLaren
Ensembl Variation