[ensembl-dev] Get Oligo probes

Sébastien Moretti sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Tue Apr 1 08:50:17 BST 2014

Hi

I wonder how to retrieve all gene_id and related probeset id for a given
species and a particular chip type.
Usually I get that from BioMart but cannot find the equivalent way of
doing that with the Ensembl API
e.g. Ensembl Gene ID 	Affy HG U95AV2 probeset
      ENSG00000261657 	39195_s_at
      ENSG00000234627 	37079_at
      ENSG00000256305 	31325_at

I tried the method fetch_all_by_linked_transcript_Gene but it fails with
this error message:
DBD::mysql::db selectcol_arrayref failed: Table
'homo_sapiens_core_75_37.transcript_stable_id' doesn't exist at
/usr/local/ensembl/ensembl-funcgen/modules//Bio/EnsEMBL/Funcgen/DBSQL/BaseAdaptor.pm
line 922.
And the status of the method is "at risk".

Any idea how to do that?
Thanks

PS for the API documentation of fetch_all_by_linked_transcript_Gene() &
fetch_all_by_linked_Transcript() a '}'  is missing at the end of the
code example.

--
Sébastien Moretti
Department of Ecology and Evolution,