[ensembl-dev] pfam domain on human ensembl proteins

Bronwen Aken ba1 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Sep 26 15:39:31 BST 2013

Hi Venu,

Yes, we do display Pfam domains for all Ensembl proteins.

There are a few ways for you to access the data depending on your preference.

1. Core API:
eg. $pfam_features = $translation->get_all_ProteinFeatures('PFam');

2. BioMart:
eg. Select the gene or list of genes that you are interested in and then select the attributes / features (eg. PFAM IDs) that you are interested in.

3.Website. On the website, you can find this under the "Protein information" section of our left-hand menu. For example:

http://e73.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Transcript/ProteinSummary?db=core;g=ENSG00000139618;r=13:32889611-32973805;t=ENST00000544455

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Transcript/Domains?db=core;g=ENSG00000139618;r=13:32889611-32973805;t=ENST00000544455

4. Finally, our public MySQL server
 mysql -NB -uanonymous -P3306 -hensembldb.ensembl.org -Dhomo_sapiens_core_73_37 -e "select hit_name,pf.seq_start,pf.seq_end from transcript t, translation tln, protein_feature pf, analysis a where a.analysis_id = pf.analysis_id and t.transcript_id=tln.transcript_id and tln.translation_id=pf.translation_id and t.stable_id = 'ENST00000380152' and logic_name='pfam'"
PF09169 2479    2667
PF00634 1002    1036
PF00634 1212    1246
PF00634 1421    1454