[ensembl-dev] Gene with multiple personality disorder?

Magali mr6 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 11:46:59 BST 2013

Hi Duarte,

Looking at the HGNC entry for KIR2DL5A, there is no link there to any
Ensembl annotation.
If there was, we would be able to assign the HGNC name directly to the
Ensembl gene.

For ENSG00000215764, we were able to align a refseq entry, NM_014219.2
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NM_014219.2

This entry in turn links back to the HGNC entry for KIR2DL2, which is
where the Ensembl gene gets its name from.

If you have any biological evidence that ENSG00000215764 corresponds to
KIR2DL5A, we would be most grateful if you could submit it to HGNC.
This would allow them to update their records regarding KIR2DL5A and in
turn we would be able to assign the correct name.

Regards,
Magali