[ensembl-dev] Bacteria Collections

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Sep 7 12:12:25 BST 2013

On 09/07/2013 09:01 AM, Dan Staines wrote:

>> Is there any way to just download a database for a single bacterial
>> species?
>
> No, there is not. However, individual genomes can be downloaded in a
> variety of formats including GFF, and the ensemblgenomes API can be used
> to easily address single genomes from the larger collection.

Having said that, we are working on a tool (nominally for internal
operational use) for copying a genome from one collection to another, so
that might suffice for your needs to extract a single genome from our
public servers, depending on how urgent this is, as this is still in the
early stage.

Dan.

--
Dan Staines, PhD