[ensembl-dev] thank you for your flexibility

Dan Sheppard ds23 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Sep 4 12:32:29 BST 2013

Hi ido,

Thanks for the feedback: always good to know something's proving useful.

We strip off any substring "chr" in the chromosome name before attaching
that feature because of the different conventions for chromosome name.
We also attempt to transparently handle the difference between
0-based-semi-open and 1-based-closed co-ordinate systems, though there
it's much harder to cover all the edge cases for this for exotic data files.

Dan.