[ensembl-dev] Ensembl Migration to Git

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 19 09:56:31 GMT 2013

Part of our reasoning to host the code on GitHub is an attempt to ease acceptance of external contributions. GitHub's pull request gives us a powerful mechanism to inspect changes, feed back critique to the contributing developer and then choosing to accept or reject. However we will tread carefully and contribution acceptance will come with a number of caveats.

All the best,

Andy

Andrew Yates - Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge CB10 1SD