[ensembl-dev] Feature request (Allele variant Frequency)

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 23 09:39:50 BST 2013

Hi Duarte,

This would only really work with the GMAF, since that is the only one for
which the allele is provided.

The other frequencies (at least those stored in the cache) are specifically
the minor allele frequency - the particular allele to which this refers is
not stored, so your idea would not work, or at least not reliably.

If retrieving frequencies from the database, you can get the allele, but
this is very slow for large datasets so I don't think it would be worth
implementing.

You could always jump in with a plugin - all of the frequency stuff you'll
find cached on the variation_feature object in various hash structures -
just dump one out in the debugger and you'll see the structure.

Will