[ensembl-dev] Question regarding plugin behavior under fork conditions in VEP

Duarte Molha Duarte.Molha at ogt.com
Fri May 17 13:46:55 BST 2013

BTW Will

I was thinking it would be very useful to create a plugin that could output to the annotation file, any fields from the input VCF file by declaring it explicitly as parameters.

Something like

--plugin vcf_fields_retrieval,INFO,FORMAT
Or
Less neatly
--plugin vcf_fields_retrieval,5,6,7

But in order to achieve this I would like to be able to:
In the 1st example, determine the field index position from the input name
Or in the 2nd example, determine the field name from the index position given and add that info in the get_header_info method

How to you think this would best be achieved?

Thank you

Duarte