[ensembl-dev] VEP Interpro ID & description

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 13 12:34:45 BST 2013

Hi Guillermo,

Have you tried the --domains flag in the VEP?

Perhaps this is not enough information for you but it does provide the
display label of overlapping protein domains.

The protein object is referred to as a translation object in the Ensembl
API; you can retrieve it from the transcript via $transcript->translation.

See
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Doxygen/core-api/classBio_1_1EnsEMBL_1_1Translation.html

Regards

Will