[ensembl-dev] Transcript coordinates

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 16:10:42 GMT 2013

Hi Jens,

The $tv transcript variation objects carry the coordinates in CDS,
cDNA and protein systems:

print "cdna coords: ", $tv->cdna_start, '-', $tv->cdna_end, "\n";
    print "cds coords: ", $tv->cds_start, '-', $tv->cds_end, "\n";
    print "pep coords: ", $tv->translation_start,
'-',$tv->translation_end, "\n";

You can also use a transcript mapper to convert between coordinate types:

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/Doxygen/core-api//classBio_1_1EnsEMBL_1_1TranscriptMapper.html

Regards

Will