[ensembl-dev] Coordinate System anomalies in EnsemblGenomes

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Mar 2 18:46:21 GMT 2013

Hi

Yes the toplevel data flag is held in seq_region_attrib and joins into attrib_type for the cv/dict table. What I think has confused things a little is that toplevel sequences must be attached to the default assembly whose version can normally be found in the lowest ranking coord system. As you'll see in a number of species toplevel spans multiple coordinate systems but does not span more than one version.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Cheers,

Andy

Sent from my mobile.