[ensembl-dev] Core/variation connection info?

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jun 17 17:36:19 BST 2013

Hi Ken,

Internally, we maintain a database that would provide this
functionality, but we have not produced a public API yet. At some stage
we hope to provide this, but it is not an immediate concern.

We maintain our database naming pattern meticulously, so you can rely on
your substitution pattern working. Presumably you have encountered a
problem with this approach?

More commonly one would point the Registry at the servers, and it would
take care of your name discovery for you - see get_all_DBAdaptors,
get_all_DBAdaptors_by_connection, and of course
load_registry_from_multiple_dbs.

Feel free to elaborate on your difficulty if none of the above are of
any help.

--
Kieron Taylor PhD.
Ensembl Core team