[ensembl-dev] using VEP71 with mus_musculus release 67?

Sarah Hunt seh at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 17:59:48 BST 2013

Dear Paul,

We don't guarantee compatibility across different releases, so would
generally recommend using the 67 version of VEP(2.5) with the 67 version
cache files.

If you wish to use the 67 cache files with code version 71, you could
rename the directory from 67 to 71 and use  --dir /Users/p.denny/.vep to
pick them up.

Best wishes,

Sarah