[ensembl-dev] VEP Flanking sequence plugin

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Mon Jun 3 11:27:20 BST 2013

Hello,

My plugin start giving errors.

ERROR: Forked process failed
Plugin 'flanking_sequence' went wrong: *Can't call method "expand" on an
undefined value at
/share/apps/scripts/genomics/global/annotation/ensembl_71_genetonic/vep_config/Plugins/flanking_sequence.pm
line 72.*

I've tried to fix the code adding if(defined ...) but seems to have no
effect. I didn't see this bug until today.

How can I check if the value of any of the two expand feature_slice
really exists?
I thought this would exist for all features. So I suppose I'm wrong and
what is causing the plugin to fail obtaining the flanking sequence is
the expand method call but I've no idea on how to fix it.

Here's plugin code updated:
https://github.com/guillermomarco/vep_plugins_71/blob/master/flanking_sequence.pm

Regards,
Guillermo.