[ensembl-dev] Chromosome-HGNC mapping

Manam, Monica (NIH/NCI) [F] monica.manam at nih.gov
Mon Jul 22 15:13:50 BST 2013

Hi andy,

I am using the below:
The API version is 71.
--------------
use strict;
use warnings;

use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;

my $registry = 'Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry';

$registry->load_registry_from_db(
    -host => 'ensembldb.ensembl.org', # alternatively
'useastdb.ensembl.org'
    -user => 'anonymous'
);

$gene_adaptor =Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry->get_adaptor( "human", "core",
"gene" );

@genes = @{$gene_adaptor->fetch_all_by_external_name('MSGN1')}

print "$genes[0]\n";

I am not able to fetch any valid values form the DB related to MSGN1 , I
want to get its Gene information.

Thanks,
Monica.