[ensembl-dev] bacertia page content problem

Nick Langridge nickl at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Jul 8 16:28:37 BST 2013

Hello Gang Chen,

Apologies for the late response. Were you able to solve this problem?

If not, it is possible that your page appears blank because there were
problems with JavaScript/CSS compression when the server started. Do you
see any errors in your web browser's JavaScript console when you load
the page?

Ensembl uses the YUI compressor (see
http://yui.github.io/yuicompressor/) to compress JavaScript and CSS
files. You need a recent version of Java installed on your system for
this to work.

Please check that you have Java installed, then try removing old
compressed files and restarting your Bacteria server, e.g.

$ rm htdocs/minified/*
$ ctrl_scripts/restart_server -r

If this does not solve your problem, please attach a copy of your server
start-up messages in your reply as it will help to diagnose the issue.

Best regards,
Nick