[ensembl-dev] Is this feature on a patch

Fairley, Susan s.fairley at abdn.ac.uk
Wed Jan 30 16:44:47 GMT 2013

Hi Jay,

The patch seq_regions are identifiable using seq_region_attrib (the same
mechanism that, for example, identifies toplevel seq_regions).

There are two different attribs - one for novel patches and one for fix
patches.

mysql> select * from attrib_type where attrib_type_id in (312,313);
+----------------+-------------+----------------------+--------------------
--------------------------------------------+

+----------------+-------------+----------------------+--------------------
--------------------------------------------+
|            312 | patch_fix   | Assembly Patch Fix   | Assembly patch
that will, in the next assembly release, replace the corresponding
sequence found in the current assembly                  |
|            313 | patch_novel | Assembly Patch Novel | Assembly patch
that will, in the next assembly release, be retained as an alternate
non-reference sequence in a similar way to haplotypes |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Checking for those in seq_region_attrib should identify the patches.

Hope that helps,
Susan.