[ensembl-dev] Ensembl BLAST: database files names

Rafael Hernández rafahd87 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:52:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've got a problem with the Ensembl BLAST databases and probably it's
something misconfigured.
Eg. For Ensembl protists I downloaded all the fasta files in
/usr/local/blastdb/ensembl_protists and added the following line in the
SiteDefs.pm file:

$SiteDefs::ENSEMBL_BLAST_DATA_PATH = '/usr/local/blastdb/ensembl_protists';

After that, I rebuilt the protists site and in the Blastview page all the
databases are listed. However when I chose one and run Blast, it crashes
and show the error below:

[blastall 2.2.26] WARNING: Unable to open
Albugo_laibachii.ENA1.dna.toplevel.fa.nin
[blastall 2.2.26] WARNING: Unable to open
Albugo_laibachii.ENA1.dna.toplevel.fa.nin
BLASTN 2.2.26 [Sep-21-2011]

However this database exits, but with the name
Albugo_laibachii.ENA1.*70*.dna.toplevel.fa.nin.
What should I do? I found a previous thread talking about this problem
but nobdy answered it.
http://lists.ensembl.org/ensembl-dev/msg05579.html

Thank you and best regards,

Rafa Hernández de Diego

SLU-Global Bioinformatics Center
Swedish University for Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
Gerda Nilssons väg 2,
Box 7023, 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden.