[ensembl-dev] GenomicAlignBlock and MethodLinkSpeciesSet

Stephen Fitzgerald stephenf at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 15:52:48 GMT 2013

Hi Diego,
once you have the genomic_align_blocks, restrict these using the reference
coord positions and get a listref of genomic_align objects. Once you have
the genomic_align objects you can filter these using the species name,
aligned sequence string, etc..

################
foreach my $genomic_align_block( @{ $all_genomic_align_blocks }) {
  my $restricted_gab = $genomic_align_block->restrict_between_reference_positions($ref_start, $ref_end);
  foreach my $genomic_align(@{ $restricted_gab->get_all_GenomicAligns() }){
   print $genomic_align->dnafrag->genome_db->name, "\n";
   my $seq = $genomic_align->aligned_sequence;
   if($seq =~ /[ACGT]/){
    print $seq, "\n";
   }
  }