[ensembl-dev] Ensembl Genomes release announcement

Bert Overduin bert at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:41:40 GMT 2013

Hello Sunita,

Ensembl is based on the patch 10 release:

http://www.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Info/Annotation/#assembly

Note though that the fix patches are not incorporated in the primary
assembly (this will be done when we move to GRCh38), but we do have
annotated the patches, so for genes in these regions you will find two
gene models, one annotated on the primary assembly and one annotated
on the fix patch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bert