[ensembl-dev] VM with rest API

Brett Thomas bthomas at atgu.mgh.harvard.edu
Sun Aug 18 03:08:20 BST 2013

Hey dev -- is there a VM that has the rest API installed out of the box?

I'm trying to install on a clean ubuntu VM, and can't get VEP + rest to
play nice. All of the other endpoints work great, but the vep ones keep
failing with a cryptic Catalyst error: "stash takes a hash or hashref"

I've tried a few different library permutations but can't get it working.
If anybody has suggestions about the error above I'd love to hear them -
but otherwise, I was hoping to inspect a working version to see what's
different.

Thanks --
Brett