[ensembl-dev] VEP Flanking sequence plugin

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Wed Apr 24 11:11:18 BST 2013

Hello,

Thank you for information.
I was already running VEP with --check_existing flag but i had no idea
on how to retrieve the rsID (I was looking the Variation API so i
thought that

$tva->variation_feature->variation_name;

would be enough.

As you said I just wanted reference sequence on either side of the
variant so not even rsID needed.. but it's good to know how I can obtain
it for a near future :)

Just to prevent from asking these kind of question, how can i print all
the content from the $va object for example?

I mean how can I know this /"you will then find a simplified hash
representing each overlapping variant in the array @{$vf->{existing}}
(where $vf = $tva->variation_feature)."/ I can't see a "existing" method
in the API, I suppose that is comming from the own VEP script./

/
I also changed the (I don't know if I should undo this change)

sub feature_types {
     return ['Transcript', 'Feature'];
}

I was playing around this but the information on VEP script web doesn't
clarify this too much. It has to do with handlers and overwriting but I
don't understand very well.

Updated script in repo if anyone wants to use it.

Thank you very much Will.

Best regards,
Guillermo./

/I don't want to spam list for questions like that, but I can't find that