[ensembl-dev] Using Ensemble to find TGFb1 and aligning sequence using ClustalW

Giulietta gspudich at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 12:24:45 BST 2013

On 22/04/2013 19:11, BASIL PAUL Ochieng wrote:
> Thanks so much for your effort and response.
> I got a way of saving the sequence as FAST on a notepad/ and running
> the BLAST for nucleotide sequence, cDNA etc
> The task had no specific scope.It was just to look for as much
> information as we could on TGFb1.
> I wish i had the restriction of the search to give to you.
If I were you, I would BLAST each cDNA separately.  Then report on the
top hits for each cDNA, and mention which ones are protein coding and
which ones are not (As in my previous message).

That's as much as I can help you with in regards to this problem.

Please email helpdesk at ensembl.org with this type of question in the
future (not dev at ensembl.org).

Good luck with your report!

Cheers,