[ensembl-dev] Retrieving genomic sections locally from ftp downloaded files to argument those obtained via Ensembl API

Allan Kamau kamauallan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:14:40 BST 2012

A few months ago I used the Ensembl API to download portions of the
human genome. Today I would like to retrieve much longer sections of
the human genome (from DNA fasta files obtained via ftp from ensembl)
masking out the sections I had retrieved via the Ensembl API.

Since I will be using the same coordinates I had used via Ensembl API,
are there any issues I should be aware of such as version changes
between the data obtained via Ensemble (in 2012 June) and raw the DNA
sequences I download today via the ensembl FTP site?

Allan.