[ensembl-dev] Ensemble api tutorial

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 23:00:47 BST 2012

Hi Enrico

That warning still indicates you are not on the correct version. This can sometimes happens when you have downloaded the api using a command line. Trying something more like

wget "http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ensembl.tar.gz?root=ensembl&only_with_tag=branch-ensembl-68&view=tar"

The & is interpreted as a request to fork the download command.

Should you need other versions you can replace the version in the above location with the required one. For instance to get 67 you can use

wget "http://cvs.sanger.ac.uk/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ensembl.tar.gz?root=ensembl&only_with_tag=branch-ensembl-67&view=tar"

As for gencode7 data I believe it is available with release 62; hopefully someone will be happy to correct me should I be wrong. I strongly recommend always using the api equal to the release

 Andy