[ensembl-dev] Is it a template or coding strand? when given Transcript coordinates.

Allan Kamau kamauallan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 08:32:28 GMT 2012

When I obtain transcript location and strand from EnsEMBL for a given
transcript for example "ENST00000217246" should I assume the location is
always the template strand and that the transcription product would be
equivalent to the coding strand (the complement of the transcript's
sequence nucleotides)?

For a given transcript, I am trying to obtain to generate the immediate RNA
sequence produced by the transcription mechanism for the given transcript.
Should I simply generate these data by obtaining the transcript's sequence
then complementing each nucleotide, then substitute each T with a U?

Allan.