[ensembl-dev] How to disable the fork in plugins in the vep script

Duarte Molha Duarte.Molha at ogt.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 13:23:49 GMT 2012

Dear developers

The use of fork seems to crash the script and I would like to test disabling the fork for my plugins.

In your documentation you say:
NB: VEP users writing plugins should be aware that while the VEP code attempts to preserve the state of any plugin-specific cached data between separate forks, there may be situations where data is lost. If you find this is the case, you should disable forking in the new() method of your plugin by deleting the "fork" key from the $config hash.

Can you specify exactly how you would to this?

Cheers,

Duarte Molha