[ensembl-dev] VEP error - mouse cache

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 14:31:15 GMT 2012

Hi Chris,

It looks like your API install is out of date - I don't know who maintains
these in /software/vertres/, but presumably they have not been updated
post-release (we sometimes put fixes in after the initial release).

Either get whoever maintains them to update, check out your own version
using CVS (see http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/api_cvs.html) and
modify your PERL5LIB or use perl -I /path/to/me/ensembl-variation/modules,
or use the INSTALL.pl script included in the tarball available from the VEP
documentation page (
http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/variation/vep/vep_script.html#download).

Any reason you're not using the latest version (2.7)?

Cheers

Will