[ensembl-dev] Variation (VEP) 2.5 - Het/Hom Output - Plugin Attached

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Mon May 28 09:42:11 BST 2012

Hi Ricardo,

I had to add a little bit of code to the ensembl-variation API CVS
tree to get this to work - you'll need to update your
ensembl-variation module checkout using "cvs update" in that
directory. This bit of code gives you the $vf->{genotype} when you ask
for it in the plugin.

The allele_string method, as Sarah points out, won't work as you
expect, as this string just stores the given possible alleles for this
variant; it does not store the observed genotype for an individual.
Both a non-reference hom genotype and a het genotype will look the
same in the allele_string field.

Cheers

Will