[ensembl-dev] Ensembl release 67 is out!

Beat Wolf wolf at fryx.ch
Sat May 19 15:55:52 BST 2012

Hi,

i'm a computer scientist and not a biologist, so perhaps i missed something
about the DMD gene changing recently.
I have an automated unit test for my application that uses biomart. It happens
to test the DMD-001 transcript of the DMD gene.
In the 66 version of enembl, the UTR3 coordinates of the exon number 79 where:

31137345
to 31140035
which was correct. Now with the version 67 of ensembl, the UTR3 region in the
same exon is:

31137344

Which can not be correct, because that means that UTR3 has a length of 1. The
other numbers don't match up either.

Did the DMD gene change? Is the information stored differently in ensembl? What
values do i need to reconstruct the true UTR3 region? Or is this a bug in the
new ensembl version. If yes, how many other genes are affected? Currently i
will stay on the 66 version thanks to the archives, but i have some connection
issues with it, it seems to be much less stable than the 67 version.

Greetings

Beat Wolf