[ensembl-dev] gene description

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 15 16:16:48 BST 2012

Hi Yin,

After some investigations carried out by Ensembl Genomes & Ensembl we can confirm that this is a bug which had been patched in Ensembl Genomes. Due to Ensembl's release cycle procedure the patched drosophila DB was not used for the new release; we will take their patched data for our next release. Since Ensembl Genomes holds the fixed descriptions my best suggestion is to use their dumps if possible. Otherwise you should manually correct for these bad descriptions using the URI::Encode module from Perl (or an equivalent module in your language of choice).

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   Fax: +44-(0)1223-494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK         http://www.ensembl.org/