[ensembl-dev] db_version in function ' fetch_by_region '

Kieron Taylor ktaylor at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 8 13:36:23 BST 2012

Hi Mamun,

Your use of fetch_by_region() is missing a strand argument. Even if your
build name was correct, the method would not recognise it. Try again
with fetch_by_region('chromosome', $chr_name , $start , $end , $strand,
$dbversion );

An undef in $strand argument will result in the method selecting the
forward strand by default.

On 08/05/12 12:38, mamunur.rashid wrote:
> I have tried using GRCh37 -and NCBI36 respectively but it returns me
> values from current genome build anyway.

These coordinate systems are both present in release 66.

Regards,

Kieron