[ensembl-dev] a caching question?

Thomason, James thomason at cshl.edu
Tue May 1 15:34:53 BST 2012

I still haven't gotten it going. Again, on my example page:

http://dev.gramene.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Transcript/Similarity?db=core;g=AT3G52430;oid=1;r=3:19431371-19434403;t=AT3G52430.1

Alternatively, you can hit the table directly at:

http://dev.gramene.org/Arabidopsis_thaliana/Component/Transcript/Web/SimilarityMatches?db=core;g=AT3G52430;oid=1;r=3:19431371-19434403;t=AT3G52430.1;time=1335882643495.495

Incidentally, for those with issues loading the page, firefox seems to complain the first time you go to it, but after reloading it never complains again. That is very bizarre and I'd love to know what's going on there as well, but it's a side issue. Chrome and Safari have had no issues for me, fwiw.

All I'm trying to do now is change the value of the header on the page from "External database type" to….anything else. It looks like this table is generated through EnsEMBL::Web::Component's _matches method, due to the fact that it's one of the very very few modules that actually contains the text "External database type". But changing it does me no good.

I dove through our entire ensembl install looking for that string and changed all of 'em, but the blasted page still refuses to budge. That string is altered everywhere in the codebase that I can discern. AFAIK, I've checked and re-checked all the plugin directories and everything's altered. The server's been restarted multiple times.

I've either missed a plugin somewhere, something's cached to disk that refuses to let go, or I'm looking at the wrong code entirely and the table's actually generated elsewhere.

This change is, of course, trivial, but I'm just trying to implement it to confirm that I'm looking at the right bit of code so I can walk through it and figure out how to pull out the actual data I need.

Can someone familiar with the internals confirm that I'm looking in the right spot? What else could I be missing here? I'm utterly stumped.

Many thanks, as always.

-Jim...