[ensembl-dev] Database names? show databases;

Andy Yates ayates at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 13:59:24 BST 2012

Hi Maury,

It seems that this is a known "issue" with the MySQL/ODBC connector:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?37,206198,206198#msg-206198
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=39965

A number of users there suggest some answers but it seems from the last post on the bug report that DATABASE is a required parameter in a connection String; something other connectors such as DBD::mysql & JDBC/ConnectorJ do not enforce. Unfortunately we don't support connections made via ODBC but it sounds like both Matthew & Beth have given some good suggestions to help you out.

If you do find out anything else about this issue then please let us know as I'm sure others will find this useful in the future.

All the best,

Andy

Andrew Yates                   Ensembl Core Software Project Leader
EMBL-EBI                       Tel: +44-(0)1223-492538
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus   Fax: +44-(0)1223-494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK         http://www.ensembl.org/